Saturday 24 May 2008

Thai food, new dresses, and Notting Hill

As I said earlier, I woke up this morning at like 6:30 am.  Geez.  I didn't want to go back to sleep, so I watched TV (Saturday morning children's programs), and did some dishes (Yes, believe it.), and tidied the kitchen.  Then I took a shower and got dressed. I change clothes too much.  I must have changed clothes 5 times.  
Once everyone (Bess, Lacy, Katie) was up and dressed we went to Notting Hill to the Portobello Market.  I bought some scarves and promptly was separated from Lacy.  Bess ducked into an Antiques store and then we didn't see her again.  My phone wasn't working at all so I didn't even have it with me.  Suck.  I never really realized how much I rely upon my cell phone.  
So Katie and I stuck together, we looked for them, but no luck.  
After the market we had planned on hitting up the Tate because they have this DADA exhibit that closes soon, but when we got separated Katie and I figured we'd just go back to the flat because we might just meet everyone else.  AND I was super pooped.  Lacy came back, but Bess went to the Tate to find us.  Whoops. 
Around 6pm Katie, Lacy and I went to Primark, awesome, CHEAP clothes.  I bought a dress, skirt, two pairs of shoes, some sunglasses and a case for them, for 28 pounds.  Not too bad. 
After Primark, we came back and I fell asleep on the couch, when Bess comes in!  Yay!  She's still alive!  She went to the Tate to find us, but yeah.  We weren't there.  Oh well.  
Now we get all gussied up and go eat some Thai on Kilburn High Street.  I ordered beef with garlic and pepper.  It was alright.  I'm not so sure that I like Thai food...  There were these crunchy things on top, dried onion bits, I think, and they were just unnecessary.  Rice was good though.
Now, we're back and I am in sore need of a bath.  I am ew.  London turns my boogers black!  There's that much dirt and muck here.

Questions?  Comments?  Clarifications?

No comments: