Thursday 29 May 2008

The last four days.

Monday, May 26th.  All of Britain was still on a bank holiday, but we still had to go to class.  Rainy and wet and not warm.  I didn't bring an umbrella so on my lunch break I bought a cute bucket umbrella.  We had our first Dr. Joyce class, and it was alright.  After lunch, we met at the British Museum where I saw the Rosetta Stone, and some mummies, and a couple Llamassu.  

After wandering about in the rain to get home (with soaked socks and shoes), Lacy and I made it back and spent that night getting warm.  

Tuesday comes.  We have Velek in the morning.  All we do is these pub quiz type things where we are on teams and he asks questions and we write down the answers.  Team Voldemort (Bess, Lacy, and myself) dominated.  The Best Answer we had?  Butch Cassidy-Obama.   Yeah, I'm not even gonna tell you the question.  We got it wrong though.

Wednesday is another Art History day and we get to class 20 minutes late because the Circle line is down and we have to walk from Earl's Court which is forever away.  Later on we go to the National Portrait Gallery and the National Gallery.  I saw a bunch of really kick pieces.  Sunflowers, Van Gogh, Japanese Footbridge, Monet, a bunch of Degas, and some Picassos.  I lurved it. 

Katie, Christin, Kelsey and I went back to Kilburn to the Primark.  Christin and Kelsey went straight there and I went back to the flat to change into comfy clothes.  I decided to wear tights that morning and somehow I got a hole right where it chafes and does not feel good.  

On my way to Primark, I was walking down Kilburn High Street by myself.  This Indian guy just stopped me and shook my hand and was talking to me! 

My immediate thought, 'is this the guy who gave his number to Katie yesterday and thinks I'm her?'  
No.  He introduces himself and starts to say he saw me walking and thought I was beautiful and that he wanted to take me out sometime.  

'Um.  Who the hell are you?'

I don't say this out loud, of course, because I was a. taught to be polite, and b. in a state of slight shock.  He starts to give me his number and I'm like, ok, I'll be nice and pretend to put it in my phone. Nooo, he looks at my phone to make sure I've got it.  Ok.  (Has he done this before?)

Then he asks me to call him so that I've got it right.  Great. Now he has my number.  

He asks me what I like to do at night.  
"uh.  I read.  I have classes all day then I study at night."  
Which is true.  Ach.  

I fake an excuse to get away.  

I get to Primark and find Kelsey and Christin and make them promise me they won't leave without me.  No more Kaite being alone.  Then I get this text, "How come you so nice and so cute?"  

I don't reply.  I haven't had a text or a call since, Thank Jesus.

Yesterday, was also the England vs. USA football match, so Lacy, Bess, Leigh, Sarah and I went to a pub in Soho, O'neill's.  I had fish and chips, which was great, and we watched team USA make fools of themselves on the pitch.  
  

Today we had Velek class, and more quizzing!  We had a disappointing outcome, Team Voldemort did.  We came in last place.  Ha.  Oh, how the mighty have fallen.  

Now, I'm off to get ready for Avenue Q!  Be jealous. 

Questions?  Comments?  Clarifications?

2 comments:

Lydia said...

i'm loving your updates. are you ready for scotland tomorrow??

QUESTION: the time it has for when your blog was posted, is it in my time zone or yours? it says 09:37 so i'm thinking mine, right?

(i'm in a dwight-kind-of-mood; can ya tell?)

Kaite said...

I guess... I don't really know.